Director Of Development – Job Opening (Part-time or Full-time)
We are presently seeking someone to fill the role of “Director of Development”. This individual will work closely with Randy Haykin (Managing Director) and Paul Miller (VP, Development). The Director of Development is responsible for furthering the mission of The Gratitude Network (TGN) by conducting major gift and planned gift solicitations and other fund raising activities to maintain a high level of public awareness about TGN and the importance of philanthropic donations to its programs and services.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Drive overall planning and implementation of fundraising efforts, including capital campaigns, with Managing Director and staff.
- Development of strategies and goals to hit established fundraising targets
- Management of external relationships with partners, and collaborators
- Fund-raising from high net worth families and/or their foundations and from relevant national/international foundations
- Creation and submission of proposals to attract funds, including grant applications
- Maintenance of timely and consistent contact with donors and potential donors in order to establish, sustain and enhance positive relationships leading to an initial gift, ongoing gifts and upgraded gifts – including bequests.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations to various constituents
- Management of CRM system/ database (e.g. Salesforce)
- Participate on team exploring/executing annual TGN charity event
- Participate on team exploring crowd-funding for TGN and its portfolio
- Communicate effectively with a variety of public constituents, including team and committee members & media, to advance TGN’s growth potential
- Create relationships with key press and develop publishable feature articles and columns featuring a byline for TGN
- 15+ years of partnership, business development and/or fundraising experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a professional fundraising role with proven ability to secure and maintain relationships with donors of major gifts
- Proven track record of success in establishing, sustaining and enhancing positive relationships leading to an initial gift, ongoing gifts and upgraded gifts
- Experience in developing, submitting, socializing, and securing grant proposals from foundations and other relevant sources
- Working knowledge of fundraising/development practices, standards, and reporting, specifically in the area of major and planned giving.
- Existing network of established and relevant donor relationships is a strong plus
- Can-do self-starter attitude & flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments — exceptional relationship and communication skills
- Experience in PR and marketing communications a plus (but not required)
- College degree required, MBA a plus (but not required)
Submit cover letter, LinkedIn URL & resume to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.